Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have galaxy s6 synced to my company laptop. 4 days ago I…

Customer Question
I have galaxy s6...

I have galaxy s6 synced to my company laptop. 4 days ago I had to make a new password ***** laptop & phone. I reset the laptop and am having trouble figuring our how to reset new pass word on phone. My IT guy says change phone PW to match laptop and system will work

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Galaxy?

This AM

Technician's Assistant: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes my phone & email work on cell, my laptop will not let me into Outlook email, according to my IT guy reset cell PW to match laptop and I am OK

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
12/1/2017
Android Device Expert: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Let's start at the beginning:

What are the make and model of your smartphone?

What is your computer operating system?email app

What password ***** you talking about? Is it your email password? If you changed your email password ***** that is your webmail which accesses the email server directly. Now you need to change the email clients on your laptop (Outlook) and your smartphone (email app). I can show you how to do both interactively. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Solved it myself. thank youBryan
You are welcome. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer