Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have a moto g. I muted my phone and now I can't unmute. I…

Customer Question
I have a moto...

I have a moto g. I muted my phone and now I can't unmute. I have tried shutting down and restarting.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Moto?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Moto? What have you tried so far?

As I said, It just happened. I have tried shutting down and restarting.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
11/29/2017
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

I understand your concern could you please try to increase the volume of your phone by holding the volume button up on the right side of Moto G and please let me know if this helps.

The problem is not with the sound. The problem is that I muted my phone while on a conference call and now I cannot unmute. This means I can hear others on the phone call but they cannot hear me.
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, you can try to press the same Mute button again so it will unmute your phone and let me know if it works.

I have tried that many times. It does not work
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Have you tried calling some other number and check if the person on the other side is able to hear you?

I called my cell on the landline
That is the only way I can see the mute button is when I am calling
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Pull the phone away from your face, which should activate the screen and press the mic button - you might find that you will be able to unmute your phone. if this option is not working then I am sorry. Unfortunately I am out of ideas. I may have to open this question to other experts by opting out from this issue, so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge. Other experts will be able to see the older conversation so there is no need to explain the issue again they will start from where we have left. Thank you.

Android Device Expert: Josh, Technician replied 4 months ago
Josh, Technician

I can see that you requested a new expert.

The only way to stop the muting is when you are making a call. If you make a call and press the speaker button, you can press the mute/microphone button to turn it off.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer