Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

It is a android phone..it has a google lock..and googles…

Customer Question
It is a android...

It is a android phone..it has a google lock..and googles instructions make it impossible to open..It use the email, and I submit the phone number and all I get it "we cannot verify it is you"??? Seriously

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Security question...do not remember. The phone number is ***** number the phone has always had from the beginning...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a fee for this

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
11/27/2017
Android Device Expert: ITPeter, Engineer replied 4 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Try recovering the account, but report it as compromised.

Let me know if that works?

again, after the verification code is entered they tell me they cannot verify that the email or phone number belongs to ***** *****. So What will it take to get them to verify it...it is the only phone number and email he has had...I give up..why is this so hard

Google have a very secure process to prevent other people from gaining access to your account, so it is important to keep your verification information up to date. You can make several attempts to recover the account, and each time Google will gain a little bit more information about you and will eventually work out if you are the true owner or not.

If they keep asking the same questions over and over how can they gain more information about you. Can i just quit google without wiping the phone clean

If you cannot recover the account then you will need to try the following method to wipe the phone and start again, to bypass the verification:

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/127739/how-to-bypass-verify-your-account-factory-reset-protection

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

I honestly believe no one knows how to remove a Google lock..nothing works, things you recommend do not exist on the phone...I don't see how Google has such power over a Samsung phone ..I pay Verizon not google. And if Verizon doesn't figure this out soon, I may not pay Verizon much longer either

Google use very secure encryption to protect your data, so there is no way to remove it - if there was a way, then there would be no point in anyone using passwords on their phones or trying to protect their personal information.

They do provide a recovery method for you to use in case you happen to forget your password, but you must ensure that the recovery information (email, phone number, etc) is always kept up to date otherwise it won't work.

I have tried their way of removing the lock at least 20 times..with no luck..they keep saying they cannot verify it is me!!. really? I give them the phone number, the email they send me a verification number which I send back to them and they still say " can't verify it is you". What will it take. I am not the only one either as the reviews I read say it is impossible to remove the lock...How do they have power over the phone number?? that is not a Google item..it is a Verizon number...and for such smart people, they send a verification number to the phone number, knowing I can't get into the phone to get the text...they know all aspects of the phone is locked, so why do they send texts and emails if I can't get into the phone to get them?? Then they say, use another email that you can see now..so I used another email and they created another username for that email...really what did that do for the locked phone? This is frustrating and extremely a ridiculous way in 2017 to handle this...very time consuming and no results

It is indeed a very secure system and can be very time-consuming to recover.

It may be that your email account has been compromised and they require you to set up another secure email account to recover the Google account.

They have not said that...and how would you do that...I already tried another email address that I could see and they changed the username on that one...to no avail. I think I will just have to close my account with Verizon and go to another company...that should get rid of google....just shut the phone down

You said "Then they say, use another email that you can see now" - there are a number of reasons why they might ask you to do this.

You could open up a new Google account, or you could change to a different type of phone altogether, like an iPhone, however it has similar security methods in place and is even more secure than Google, so be sure to make a note of your passwords and keep all of your recovery information up to date.

I am done
ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer