Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I bought a Galaxy S5 phone 2.5 years ago & yesterday & have…

Customer Question
I bought a Galaxy...

I bought a Galaxy S5 phone 2.5 years ago & yesterday & have been using the finger print mode for unlocking the phone

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Galaxy?

However now it is stucked in typing in a password ***** I cannot recall what it is. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot think of anything.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Android Devices
11/27/2017
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 5 months ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you hold the power button down until you see a menu and choose power off.

Once off then power it on and tell me if you can unlock it please

I did that last night & it will come out of type in password
I did that last night and it stays in type in password.
I do not want to PAY any more money. Can you help me or not, respectfully?

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

This password ***** set when you setup the fingerprint reader, do you recall what this is?

Are you still there?

yes, and I replied...

Again,

No. This site has way too many pop ups. I did not see your response, my apologies.

ok, If you do not recall the passcode then you will need to reset your phone.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

Step 1: Turn your Galaxy S5 off.

Step 2: Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button until the Android icon appears on your display.

Step 3: Use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option, and press the Power button to select it.

Step 4: Use Volume down again to highlight Yes — delete all user data, and press Power to select it.

Step 5: Wait until you see the reboot system now option and use the Power button to select it.

Step 6: When your S5 restarts, it should be wiped and ready to set up again.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

Let me know how you go please

I am not upset with you personally, it is the structure of the site that is annoying. Please do not take offense, I mean you no disrespect.

ok.. I have no control over that but please review the last message I sent you to get the phone working again

Does this mean that I will lose all fotos, contacts, text, etc?

yes anything not backed up, it is the reason for the security, to protect and encrypt the data

There are only two buttons.

There are 4 on the S5, the home button, volume up and down and power buttons.

Did you follow the instructions in the video?

I NEVER agreed to pay anything but the $5.00!!!
This is the BIGGEST rip-off and I will report this transaction. I want NOTHING to with your company-business ever again.
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 4 months ago

Hi there

Costs you see when you created the question... is the issue now resolved? Did you do the reset as per the support I provided to you.

Please reply with the results.

Richard, Android Specialist