Harry, IT
Experience:  IT at Justanswer
100894602

I want to change the country code in my Galaxies3.

Customer Question

I want to change the country code in my Galaxies3
JA: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your device?
Customer: yesterday
JA: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: At the Att store yesterday they did a factory re-set and now the app store tells me words with friends is not available in my country.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 11 months ago.

Did you try and type the following code with your devices IMEI number: *#272*imei#

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where or how do I do that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where or how do I do that.
  1. Open your phone’s dialer and type the following code with your device IMEI number: *#272*Phone’s IMEI Here#
  2. You can find your phones IMEI number>From the Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower-right).
  3. From the APPS tab, tap Settings.
  4. From the SYSTEM section, tap About phone.
  5. Tap Status.
  6. Locate the IMEI.
    You can also remove the battery and view the IMEI inside the battery compartment on a white sticker beneath phone’s battery.
  7. You will see a pop-up screen with a list of CSC codes.
  8. Select the CSC that you want and tap on “Install”.
  9. Your phone will be reboot automatically.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When you say dialer your talking about the phone dialer? I tried code first followed by the IMEI

yes, dial *# 272 imei *# send

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I get "Connection problem, or invalid MMI code
Expert:  Harry replied 11 months ago.

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I bought this Samsung S3 as an unlocked ATT phone. When we try to down load some apps, we are told it is not available in our country? Therefore I want to change the country code on this phone.
Expert:  Harry replied 11 months ago.

Sign into your Google Payments account at payments.google.com and click the Settings icon in the top corner.

2. Click Edit next to the "Home Address" listed and update the address (please note this is different from the "Address Book" which holds shipping addresses).

3. Open the Play Store and navigate to any item available for download.

4. Click to begin a download until you reach the "Accept and buy" screen (no need to complete the purchase)

5. Close the Play Store, force stop and then clear data for the Google Play Store application (Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Force Stop then Clear Data) or clear your browser cache

6. Re-open the Play Store. You should now see the Play Store that matches your default payment method’s billing country.