Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Just trying to get my TOshiba Excite 10 to get past the boot…

Customer Question
Just trying to get...

Just trying to get my TOshiba Excite 10 to get past the boot scrren

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba product do you have?

Tablet Toshiba Excite 10. it blinked out on me 3 years ago. i threw it in a drawer and just came across it today and start fidgetting with it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

P/N: PDA08U

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?

Bought it in 2012, it conked out on me in 2013.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
11/25/2017
Android Device Expert: ITPeter, Engineer replied 4 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Android Device Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not at once try to get the tablet fixed - if it was still within the 1-year warranty period when it ceased to work, it would have been fixed for-free by Toshiba under warranty. As it is, that is now not an option.

The other option is, to factory reset your tablet, by starting it up while holding down two buttons, until presented with the option to Wipe Data & Factory Reset?, and choosing 'yes' at that point.

The two buttons to hold down, would be the Volume+ button first, then also hold down the POWER button, to start it up with both held at once... then let go of both buttons when it starts up, and wait for the choice of emergency / maintenance startup menu choices to appear, then choose Wipe Data & Factory Reset.

I hope that gets it working for you - if at a cost of unfortunately erasing all data of yours that is on the tablet (which might well be unrecoverable in any case, from the sound of it.)

Russell H., Service Tech