Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Can i hook-up an android box to my panasonic tv model #

Customer Question
Can i hook-up an...

Can i hook-up an android box to my panasonic tv model # TCP42C1 thru my wi-fi

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TCP42C1?

2009

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Not sure what you mean but am currently using a box thru cogeco

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TCP42C1? What happened right before this?

Has never been an issue i want to use an android box with my tv using wireless via wi-fi i would like to know if i can do this with this tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No just what i requested

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Android Devices
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
this is a simple question wht is taking so long for an answer
all I want is a yes or no answer
can I speak with some one on the phone
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/23/2017
Android Device Expert: p0llinate, Engineer replied 5 months ago
p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

The short answer is yes, you can.

The android box would need to connect to the tv via a hdmi cable however, it does not connect to the tv via wifi.

The android box itself would also connect to wifi for an internet connection to access online streaming content.

But the box connection to the tv is hdmi, just like a dvd player, cable box, etc would be.

Just plug it into the tv, lets say on hdmi2 for example, then use the Input (source) button on the panasonic remote, to set it to the corresponding hdmi2 mode.

One item of note though is that your tv is only capable of displaying a 720p signal, so it is not going to be full hd, but it will still work.

Best regards,

Android Device Expert: p0llinate, Engineer replied 4 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

p0llinate
p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer