Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How do I transfer photos from my Samsung gallery to my

How do I transfer...

How do I transfer photos from my Samsung gallery to my computer?

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung product do you have?

Galaxy S8+

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?

How do I find out?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

Only one month, The phone is new. Operating system ??? so far , we used cable from phone into computer

11/22/2017
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good afternoon,

Give me just a moment and I will put together the instructions for you. Are you using a Windows computer, or a Mac?

MAC!

Ok, perfect, thank you for the reply.. I couldn't give you directions until I knew :)

Give me just a moment to put together your directions.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

1. On your Mac, click this link to download Samsung SideSync.
  2. While that is downloading, open the Play Store app on your phone and install the SideSync app
  3. Once you have it installed on your Mac, and the app on your phone, open both.
  4. If you connect the phone directly to the Mac, it will connect without verification--OR--You can have both the computer and the phone on the same WiFi network, and then your phone and computer will ask you if you want to connect to each other.
  5. Once you are connected, you can use the File Transfer/Photos tool to transfer them

Did you have any follow up questions about the process, or issues with the directions? If not, please don't forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page before you leave :)

I have tried everything but nothing connects! very frustrated. You are great, my tech skills are not. I am in mexico on a VPN....does that screw things up?

No, it shouldn't. But, are you trying with it connected to the computer directly with the USB cord it came with? If not, no worries, I have a backup solution for you :)

I have it connected with the USB cord it came with.

And if you open the Sidesync program on the Mac, and on the phone at the same time, it does nothing? It does not even ask you on your phone if you want to authorize the connection?

No questions at all.
. But when I click on the sideSync logo on the computer, it gives me option of installing SideSync!
if it asks that, does it mean it ISN"T downloaded yet on the MAC?

Choose yes, to install it, and see what happens.

Did that work for you?

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Nope. I have to give up for now, Eric. I will rate it above for sure.and maybe call you friday.
Thanks so much.

I can give you another option for now if you want, and you can go it while you're "on the go"... would you like the instructions?

Sure!That would be awesome. These things used to be so easy!

Ok, I am on a remote session with someone right now, but if you can wait a few moments, I will be able to help you. And honestly, the way I am going to give you, is the easiest thing ever, but it is not the traditional way, so I do not offer it first.

However, in order to use it... are you able to log in to Google.com with the same account that is on your phone? (log in on your computer)

I can

Ok, on your phone, open the Play Store and search for Google Photos. Not only is this app MUCH BETTER than the Samsung Gallery, it has awesome benefits. It syncs your photos, AS YOU TAKE THEM, to your Google account. When you are setting it up, choose "Original Size" not anything else (maybe it is Original Resolution).

Now, when you open the app for the first time, it needs to sync all the photos that exist, so it may take some time. However, here's where the cool part comes in... on your computer, go to https://photos.google.com and you will find ALL your pictures, and can download or edit them. And, every time you take a picture, it will show up there. No need to plug anything into the computer to sync photos ever again.

That worked! Awesome! Now my question is, how do i take all these off my phone, but leave them on my computer?

I am out at a Thanksgiving dinner right now, but when I get home I will let you know :)

Tomorrow is fine!!!!

Ok, great, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Good morning!

I just looked through the settings, and Google Photos has actually made it easier than it used to be. All you need to do is open the Photos app, tap on the Menu icon(top left) and tap on Free Up Space. This will remove the photos from your device, but safely keep them in your Cloud. The thumbnails also stay in the app, so you can still see the pictures, if you tap on one it downloads the full size image again to show you.

Muchos gracias, Eric!

Con gusto :)

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer