Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Well about a week ago I noticed a month, date and year of

2-28-2016 turn up on the...
Well about a week ago I noticed a month, date and year of 2-28-2016 turn up on the screen next to the person's name I talk to.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: Well I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone and a Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablet. About a week ago.
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Samsung?
Customer: I would have to check that in my settings to tell you.
JA: When did you purchase your Samsung? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The tablet I got about 2 weeks ago and the phone about 6 months ago.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Model#SM-T560NU
ANDROID VERSION 7.1.1
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
My phone is a J7
Model SM-J727VPP
ANDROID VERSION 7.0
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I think I forgot to tell you that I'm talking about Google hangouts.
11/22/2017
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I would appreciate it if you would call so we could talk. Im better at explaining talking directly to the person.

You are able to send a phone call request if you wish and it will be available to all technicians online

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Well if it's going to cost me $20 more I"ll just try it this way just texting. I have ADD so it's difficult for me to get my point across when I'm texting because sometimes my words don't make sense.

Do you see the same date next to every person that you talk to?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No this is the only person I talk to. It's not even when they're not coming on there just checking to see if I'm on it's sporadic it's not like everyday. I would just like to know that we're that dates coming from because I have no idea what it's about. And why it would be just showing up.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I meant to say it happens even when they're not coming on to see if I'm on and I go in to check it doesn't say now which means that they're on it comes on when they're not coming on. Does that make sense. See I'm already getting my words messed up.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Would it have anything to do with the sinking of the two devices my tablet in my phone?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
They have me blocked because it's it's a long story but they prefer to come on and talk to me instead of me coming on to talk to them because they're real busy. So they come on and check they come on for 2 seconds or whatever and then they go back out and blocks me. It's my boyfriend and that's the way he prefers it.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Do you need any other like information like about my phone or tablet just tell me what to look for in my settings

Did they block you on 2/28/2016?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I dont remember back that far. Why?

If it was the date that you were blocked then that would be why it continues to show that date.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
But then why is that date the only one that shows up?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I checked on Hangouts websites and stuff and and tried to talk to people and ask people but there's no experts that I can contact to reach I've been trying for a couple weeks. Reason I asked about the sinking of the two devices my tablet my phone,why does it sometimes show that he's on on one device and not on the other. Am I making sense? How much do you know about Hangouts?

Yes, I know Hangouts.

You were blocked -- If you were blocked on 2/28/2016 then he can continue to talk to you but you can't reach out to him. The date would continue to show up because that was the last date that he was "visible" and you were allowed to speak to each other.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I talked to him 3 months ago.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Okay so if I come on and see that he's on there because it says now he's only on there for like maybe a couple of seconds or whatever and then he's checking on me to see if I'm alright. But the situation is you know it doesn't matter what the situation you know he comes on like I said just to check on me to see if I'm okay and then it goes back off and blocks me. He's getting a divorce that's the whole issue and he doesn't want anything to get messed up. And get caught. So he just comes on like I said to check to see if I'm okay but if I come on when I see he's on and it says now does he know that I'm on there.

I do not see any question in your last reply

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the main reason I'm asking you is what that date is that showed up and you're saying that it could be a date that he blocked me and it's just showing up now why next to his initial on the first screen you come to when you open up Hangouts. This is why I have to talk to people directly because I have a hard time explaining and getting my words to make sense. But $20 when I already paid 36 yesterday? What do you think about this whole situation?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Do you think that my hangouts is working properly and is this all because if he's got me blocked there's no communication except on his and when he unblocks me because he's only on there for like I said a Split Second. I'm not tacky I just started using a cell phone 2 years ago so it's a little difficult for me to understand. But I'm getting better.

Yes, he is likely unblocking you quickly to check up on you then blocking you again.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
That should say I'm not techy.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
does the last seen notification on Hangouts get turned off and on when you unblock and block or is that something separate you have to do?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
About the syncing thing again with the two devices shouldn't they be saying the same thing on both of them when he comes on it it's usually one or the other my phone or my tablet will say now but the other one doesn't?

It depends on what he is doing exactly -- We are not going to be sure how he is doing it so this will all be speculation.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
What do you mean how he's doing it?

Is he unblocking you first then blocking you again? Is he sending you messages while you are still blocked?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
he does unblock me and then block me again I haven't talked to him but then e cuz I I check it I try to send him something and it's a blocked again. How would he send me messages if if I'm blocked? I don't get messages he just comes on and looks to see if I'm on and I think he's like just letting me know that he's okay or whatever so. So the whole gist of it you're saying is that it could be a glitch in the Hangouts?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Im sorry if I'm confusing you and making it difficult but it would be easier if I just talk to you directly. Anyway what do you think the just of it is the whole thing? Do you understand what I'm trying to find out?

You can send messages to someone if you block him but they can't send it to you.

I am not sure what you are trying to find out to be honest -- I can tell you that you care for this person and the situation is a mess with his divorce but I am not sure what you are trying to find out exactly.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I was just trying to find out why that date showed up on my tablet all of a sudden all the blue it's not supposed to come up with a date it's supposed to come up with a day or a minute you know time frames, when you talk to that person how long ago.

And that is why I believe that was the date you were blocked

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
What is it you meant about the blocking thing? And why is it that other dates that I was blocked don't show up? He's blocked me on other dates since this last time he started to block me in September and I haven't talked to him since then. I'm just trying to understand how some of the stuff works.

How do you know he blocked you multiple times? How do you know he didn't block you on that date and you stayed blocked the whole time?

It appears that you are looking for only one answer and until you receive that answer, you will not be satisfied. The whole situation is all speculation.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Alright then Harry if I need to get in touch with you guys again I'll surely do that thank you for your help. But I will call this time. God bless.

You're very welcome!

Please take a minute to rate our session as 5 stars at the top of this page so that I am paid for our time together. Best of luck to you in that situation and Happy Thanksgiving!

Harry, IT
Harry, IT