Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is frozen on the news that I read

Hi I'm Steve and...
Hi I'm Steve and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is frozen on the news that I read this morning , and is frozen at 8-30am
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 , purchased on 09 / 10/ 17 from Harvey Norman , Rothwell
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's the first time that it has happened
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: As far as troubleshooting goes yours is the first site that I have tried.
11/21/2017
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Try a soft reset first please.
A soft reset (turning the device off then back on) is similar to restarting a desktop computer and is one of the first steps in troubleshooting a device.
In most cases, a soft reset won't affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.
Press and hold the Power button (on the right edge) for 60 seconds, then release. The try powering on normally.
If that fails follow these steps next please.
Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the Maintenance Boot Mode screen appears (approx. 10 seconds).
Power and Volume down buttons with Maintenance Boot Mode
From the Maintenance Boot Mode screen, select Normal Boot.
Note Utilize the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the Home button (below the display) to select.
Note The process may take up to 60 seconds to complete.
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The screen is still frozen on the news site that I was viewed this morning , and none of the buttons are working I.e power and volume buttons.
Okay, try this next.
Connect the tablet to a wall outlet power adapter and charge for 15 minutes and then try the reset again.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I have connected the wall charger to the Tab S3 but the screen still shows the news site from this morning also there's no charging icon showing.
Press the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset.With wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power key.Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes --delete all user data, and then press the Power key.Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select reboot system now
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Im sorry to hear that.
Your welcome.
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician