Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I am having trouble rooting my Android phone, I also want to

upgrade the OS, It is...
I am having trouble rooting my Android phone, I also want to upgrade the OS, It is a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3. Can you help me?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: About 2 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Recently. What troubleshooting would you suggest?
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
11/20/2017
Richard, Android Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the issue you are having with the phone?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I am having trouble rooting my phone and upgrading the operating system.
Thanks, Mark.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I am about to go to work so I will read your response later today.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Richard, could you respond as soon as possible? Thankyou

Hi there

Sorry it was some time before you replied.

What exactly happens when you try to root the file? And what tool are you using?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
When I try to root using my laptop it seems to start off okay but after a while a message comes up saying that my phone cannot be supported. I have tried downloading root apps but they don't seem very helpful. Sometimes I feel like I am going around in circles. Incidentally I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 phone with a 4.2 OS. Sorry for taking so long to respond.

It is ok

Have you tried to use one click root?

https://www.oneclickroot.com/

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
without success. Once again, sorry for the delay.

Do not worry about the delay, it says cannot be supported with one click root? If so, have you tried factry resetting the phone and then rooting it with one click root?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Richard.
I have finally managed to root the phone using one click root.
Can you help me upgrade my OS from 4.2?
I seem to be having difficulty.
Thanks, Mark.

Download the firmware for this device a thttps://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-ace-3/GT-S7272/

Once the download is complete, extract (right click it and select Extract) the firmware file to a place you will remember, like a folder on your desktop.

Download Odin. Odin is a simple utility that is used to flash firmware to Samsung devices. Here is a link to one source: http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.10.6.zip

Make sure your phone is off and disconnected from your computer.

Open Odin. Under Options, only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" should be checked.

Click the "AP" (or "PDA") box and browse for the extracted firmware file.

Press and hold the following buttons in order: Volume Down + Home + Power. Keep holding them until you see a screen that says "Warning!!" at the top.

Press the Volume Up button to continue.

The next screen will show the Android logo and say "ODIN MODE" at the top left. The text is very tiny - almost unreadable. So if you can't read it, you are on the right track.

Now connect your phone to your computer via USB.

In Odin, look to the top left and wait until you see in the leftmost box "COM" followed by a colon and a number, such as "COM:4". The number doesn't matter. Once you see that, you can proceed.

In the Message box in Odin, you should see several lines of text.

Press Start in Odin.

Odin will begin processing, and on your screen you will see "Downloading" with a status bar underneath.

When Odin is successfully finished, you will see in the Message box "All threads completed".

Your phone should begin rebooting. You can disconnect from the computer.

If your phone reboots successfully into the rom, you're done.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thanks Richard
I will try what you have suggested
Mark

You are welcome and please remember the service rating via the stars mark when you are happy with my service.

Richard, Android Specialist
Richard, Android Specialist