Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How to get my android galaxy note 4 off emergency calls only

Customer Question
mode JA: What's the make/model of...
how to get my android galaxy note 4 off emergency calls only mode
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung Galaxy note 4 device
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 3 days, turn off and on phone + took battery our, put back in and restart
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: am with ATT and soon to change to consumer cellular
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Android Devices
11/18/2017
Android Device Expert: Josh, Technician replied 30 days ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Have you tried a factory reset?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Sorry Josh, was outside am back now...
no I do the factory reset, please tell how to do it. can you guide me? by email or live phone?
  1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
  3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key.
  4. Continue holding the Volume Up key until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
  5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
  8. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  9. When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
understand, however am spending $65 as of now + the $20 = $80 but i guess i don't have a choice....I'll go with $20.... lets do it
ron
  1. Turn the device off.
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
  6. Press Power button to select.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
but paypal paid the $20 what happens now
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
will Josh, be able to call later?
  1. Turn the device off.
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
  6. Press Power button to select.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I tried the procedure that was sent to and get back with U, thanks, ***** ***** did't talk over the phone but PayPal already charge the $20 what happens now?

Did the steps above work?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
did not receive a phone call
  1. Turn the device off.
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
  6. Press Power button to select.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I am still getting the message "Emergency Calls only"

Did you complete the steps and perform the factory reset? It sounds like you did not follow the steps.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
plus I haven't had a call for Josh, Android Device Expert and I paid the $20 by PayPal and my Samsun Galaxy Note 4 still has the message "Emergency Calls only" not able to call out or receive and calls and texting
  1. Turn the device off.
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
  6. Press Power button to select.
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer