Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How can I backup my data from Google Authenticator app? I

How can I backup my...
How can I backup my data from Google Authenticator app?I need to factory reset my device and I need to backup & restore the two factor authentication accounts I have setup. It is very time consuming to disable 2FA and re-enable it later on ...My device is Google Nexus 5x, running on Android 8
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue? Kind regards,Jeffrey
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Hey Jeffrey,Yes I still need assistance with this issue. You can take your time to find an answer. I can wait a free more days.I plan to factory reset my device soon and I need to back up my 2FA configuration before I do that.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Few more days*

I understand.

Titanium Backup will backup any android app, including Google Authenticator. link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&hl=en

However, you must root your phone for this to be a viable option.

I would also recommend printing the Google backup codes too. This isn't quite backing up the Google Authenticator app, but they would allow you to reset the authenticator if necessary. This would only help for regaining access to your Google account though.

Backing up the app with Titanium Backup is the most complete option, in my opinion. It's saved me on a number of occasions.

Please let me know how this goes.

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Is there a way to backup Google Authenticator without rooting my device?I don't want to root this device because (1) I need to keep using Android pay and (2) the security of the device is important to me.

I understand.

I do see there is also a app called: Helium link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

This also should backup your Google Authenticator app.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
ThanksI tried the application but it didn't work for me. There was an error that kept showing up, saying that they sent my data to Clockworkmod to review... So most likely it's not going to work.Do you have an alternative solution?

Understood.

Do you have Google Backups enabled on your cell phone?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
it's enabled.

Great!

As a manual alternative, you can take a photo of the QR codes used to program the account into Google Authenticator.

Reloading those images would be faster than following the reset procedure with each site you use.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff

Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B