Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Instead of a 3g it now says 1x, how do I fix this ... I have

a LGL22c JA: What's the make/model...
instead of a 3g it now says 1x, how do I fix this ... I have a LGL22c
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: LGL22C about 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about 4 days now ... only removed some apps, pictures...
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: and the phone has been really really slow and connection on messager, facebook etc. are extremely slow , google
11/18/2017
Ronald Brock

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today. Could you please let me know who your wireless provider is?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Verizon

Ok, have you been using the internet on your phone a lot without being on WiFi?

Ok, so there are possibly 2 reasons why your phone is doing this. 1) (and this is prob the reason over the other.) most data plans have a data cap and once you surpass that amount, you are limited on your internet speeds. so for example, if your data cap is 2GB on the 4G LTE network, they will throttle you down to a slower internet speed. Doing so, they will change the bandwidth on your phone to drop your data speeds. 2) You could be in a cell tower range that does not support 4G LTE speeds and that is the closest tower that is available and those are the data speeds that are offered from that tower.

Like I mentioned, if you have used a lot of data within your allotted month, then you are more than likely throttled until your billing cycle lapses and you will return back to the faster speeds.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Can I purchase more data coz gosh next billing cycle isn't til very beginning of the next month and how do I do that?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'm almost certain its not the tower prob

You would need to contact Verizon to see if they would allow you to purchase more data for your plan for the month. If not, you could always make sure that you are connected to a WiFi network and you would have the internet speeds of that network.

And I agree, I highly doubt it is caused by a tower issue, but I just wanted to throw that out there because there may be times that you would run into that if you travel.

If you have any further questions, please let me know! If not, I would ask that you would please give me a rating of 3-5 stars, as that is how we are compensated for our time here on just answer. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Is there by any chance that I don't have much storage available...would that interfer with the speed?
No storage would have no affect on internet speeds
You could always call your cellular provider and they could twll you if you ha e exceeded your data cap or not, but from the sound of things, it sounds like you have.
Ronald Brock
Ronald Brock
Ronald Brock
Ronald Brock