Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have my Droid and love it except in the last couple of

months, it shows that I...
I have my Droid and love it except in the last couple of months, it shows that I have 11 messages and I've checked and checked and I don't have any unopened message or incomplete drafts. The store is stumped and so am I. I'd really like to get the correct number of messages I have in and it's not 11.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Sorry name is Marga. 7.11; Moto Z Droid and last security patch was on September 1, 2017
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been going on for a couple of months and I've taken it to the Verizon wireless store where I purchased it and they looked and tried a couple of things but none worked. Yesterday the guy said they could default it to the original but it would wipe out everything on the phone, which is not something I want to do.
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it.
11/18/2017
Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I do and thank you
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
well, I paid the nominal fee already so I'd rather type or does that also cost $20?

Do you still have the issue after restarting your phone?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
we tried everything.

Unfortunately, the next step would be the factory reset.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
the factory reset would erase all information in the phone, correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
well, thanks for answering my call. Have a good weekend :-)

You're welcome -- I apologize for delivering the bad news.

Josh, Technician

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Josh, Technician