Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have photos on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and want to transfer…

Customer Question
I have photos on...

I have photos on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and want to transfer them or share them with my HP Envy. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I also do not want Just Answers and their charges for help.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Copy my Data is on my phone but the computer is not getting the shared photos.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I do not want to pay "Just Answer" for help.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Android Devices
11/16/2017
Android Device Expert: Karthik, Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are trying to copy the phone from the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the computer. You already paid for this question and you don't have to pay again. Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have Original USB cable where you can connect the computer and the Samsung Galaxy phone? If you have that USB cable please connect the computer and phone with the cable. You can transfer files, such as pictures or audio files, between your computer and your phone.

1. Connect phone and computer

• Open the cover at the bottom of your phone.
  • Connect the data cable to the socket and to your computer's USB port.

2. Select USB connection setting

• Slide your finger down the display starting from the top edge of your phone.
  • Press Connected as a media device.
  • Press Media device (MTP) until the function is turned on.

3. Transfer files

Start a File explore on your computer. (by pressing and holding Windows Key+E)

Open the Samsung phone on the File explore

Navigate the folder where the Camera/DCIM/Photo/Music/Video.

Highlight a file and move or copy it to the required location.

Go to the required folder in your computer.

1. Connect phone and computer

2. Select USB connection setting

• Press Connected as a media device.

3. Transfer files

• Start a File explore on your computer. (by pressing and holding Windows Key+E)
  • Open the Samsung phone on the File explore
  • Navigate the folder where the Camera/DCIM/Photo/Music/Video.
  • Highlight a file and move or copy it to the required location.
  • Go to the required folder in your computer.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you