Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

This morning when we woke up we noticed that the order of

Customer Question
our photos on our LG...
This morning when we woke up we noticed that the order of our photos on our LG 44VL Android phone was not ordered/organized the same way it was on the previously. i BELIEVE we had everyting ordered by date and we need to get it back to where it was orderedLook forward to your response.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Android Devices
11/12/2017
Android Device Expert: William Dishman,
 replied 1 month ago
William Dishman

Hello, my name is***** am happy to take a look at your questions today, please allow me a few moments to overlook the details. Thank you!

Android Device Expert: William Dishman,
 replied 1 month ago

When you are in the photos/gallery of the device, are there any settings on the top corners?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think the only settings we can choose from are sort by ascending and descending if I am not mistaken. We need them sorted by date -- as they were previously. I don't know what happened. The cange is on all of our phones now. Look forward to your response.
Android Device Expert: William Dishman,
 replied 1 month ago

Thank you for providing me with that information. It is odd that it has happened to all devices. Do you happen to know if there was a recent software update on the phones or even an app update?

Sometimes these types of things are caused by updates and aren't able to roll back to the previous version.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, we all happen to have the same phones in our house. I checked to see if there were any phone upadtes that were outstanding and there were none (checked on two devices). Did not chec to see if there were any updates for the Android gallery (built-in phone gallery). That is where we are havig the problem.Can you please tell us how to resolve this problem. thank you.
Android Device Expert: William Dishman,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, so you have checked the latest software update and there have been no recent software updates, since it is the default gallery app, any updates should be within the software update for the phone itself. Can you look into the about phone settings and tell me what the current software version is? (Android 4, 5, etc.)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Android version 5.1.1.
Android Device Expert: William Dishman,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, sorry for the wait. I was doing research into that android version and a bunch of sources are saying that Android had moved most available gallery options to the "Google Photos" app. From there you can sort by most recent date and organize into albums. You would have to back up your photos to your google account in order to do this. Would you like to give this a try?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Android Device Expert: William Dishman,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, I completely understand the importance of making sure your photos are organized the way you want them, let me see if there is anything else we can try to get them organized. Give me one moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Android Device Expert: William Dishman,
 replied 1 month ago

Some sources are suggesting to clear cache data and to go back to the gallery app to see if you can re sort them by date afterwards.

If you go into settings>storage, there should be an option to look at cached data. Then clicking on that should have an option to clear it from your phone. Can you try this for me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Android Device Expert: William Dishman,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, I think that those options would be the best route to solve your issue. I personally use the google photos app and it works really well on organizing the photos, but if there are no options in the actual gallery app to sort by date, I don't believe there is any other way. I'm very sorry that we can't get it back to the way you believe you had it Mary. Are you sure you are not willing to try these options?

Android Device Expert: William Dishman,
 replied 1 month ago

Hello, I am just checking up today with to see if you are still needing additional help. Please let me know, thank you!

William Dishman
William Dishman
William Dishman