Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

While texting, the screen on my Galaxy s6 froze. How do I…

Customer Question
While texting, the screen...

While texting, the screen on my Galaxy s6 froze. How do I unfreeze the screen?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Verizon 4G LTE. About 4 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just happened about an hour ago. I tried to turn off the power, but that seems to be frozen also

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Android Devices
11/10/2017
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 5 months ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Phone and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I held the power button off for 60 seconds. The phone did not turn off.

Did you see a menu show?

I went to a Verizon store and they solved my problem. I needed to do a soft re-set.

ok.. but thats what were we doing though it may have taken a number of attempts to do this.

But a soft reset is the holding of the power button for 60 seconds, but sometimes it takes a few attempts, just wish you had of stuck with me :-)

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

if so, let me know else thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

On this phone you have to press the volume down button and the power button together to do a soft re-set.

That is to go into download mode which can get it unfrozen, You can also use Volume UP but I never got a chance to finish the service. But it is no probem, main thing is you are up and running again!

Take care

Richard, Android Specialist