Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Have SM-T320. I CANT activate or eveb find predictive text…

Customer Question
Have SM-T320. I CANT...

Have SM-T320. I CANT activate or eveb find predictive text setting

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Tablet SM-T320

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just stopped working today. Chat heads or talk back accidentally turned on. Nothing worked and I found a way to turn talk back off . Then I discovered predictive text gone?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

There seems to be no predictive text in controls? Before my pad remembered my previous comments, phrases and I just tapped on the words. Fast and fantastic system now gone?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Android Devices
Are you there?
11/9/2017
Android Device Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There is 'word guess' or 'predictive text' on your Samsung device.

Go to Apps

then to Settings

then to General Management (or on older smartphones, to "Language and Input")

then, you go to Samsung Keyboard (or the gear next to it) - (or, to On-Screen Keyboard, then to Samsung Keyboard...)

OK? good. Then, you tap on

Predictive Text

and tap the switch at the top to turn it On.

That should work. (Let me know, if your instructions don't work at some point, and if not, where they don't work or what the last instruction that worked was.)

- If this answers your question, would you be willing to rate my work and my answer?

There is no Predictive Text setting on the list. Just Auto Capitalization and Auto-punctuate?
Android version: 4.2.2Kernal version: 3.4.0 -(###) ###-####

For that version, try this order of proceeding:

Settings

Language & input

Android keyboard settings

Advanced settings

and check "Next word prediction" to activate Predictive Text.

- Does that work for you?

Cant find the Android Keyboard Settings?
No..

OK... what shows up under

Settings

Language & Input,

please? scroll down if needed to see all entries.

There are very few entries. After Language is chosen as UK English, heading:
Keyboard and input methods
Default
Samsung Keyboard
Smart Typing
Chose
Auto Capitalization
Auto-punctuation
(Those are the only choices)
Then heading
Key tap feedback
Sound
Character preview
Then
More Settings
Help
Reset settings

Tap on MORE SETTINGS at the top of that screen! It might have the

Predictive Text

or

Next word prediction

option.

You have not solved the problem after many hours.Please have my money returned.
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer