Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I am rebooting get my Android tablet. It was frozen on the…

I am rebooting get...

I am rebooting get my Android tablet. It was frozen on the lock screen. Now it seems frozen over the welcome English

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Acer maybe three yes old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It froze yesterday. Just now I was able to get it to reset and then it stopped (froze) at the welcome screen and language choice

10/19/2017
Richard, Android Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the tablet and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the tablet and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Thank you for your response. I can power down and power it on but it comes back to the same screen which is the Welcome, English (United States) and an arrow. I've tried the factory reset and a reboot and can only get to this screen before it freezes again.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Android Specialist
Phone call session started
Richard, Android Specialist