Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I can't open my paperwhite kindle. It is charged but will…

I can't open my...

I can't open my paperwhite kindle. It is charged but will not open when I swipe. I have used it to read two books, so I know how it is supposed to work. Thanks, *****: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It was a gift from about a year ago. I don't have any paperwork or model number. But is the paperwhite version.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

One day. No trouble shooting (except making sure it was charged) since I have no idea what to try, or how. It appears to be turning on after I push the button, because the "swipe" message comes on. When I swipe it nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

10/17/2017
Viet - Android Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything? What's showing on your Kindle's screen now?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding the Power on / off button on your Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Figured it out. Yes holding the on button for several seconds worked. Thank you

You're welcome. Great. Yes, per my above suggestion, holding on the On / Off button would refresh the Kindle's memory. If you need help with anything else, please let me know anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top right of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much,

Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician