Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I'd like to make my HDTV into a mirror screen using a

Customer Question
I'd like to make my...
I'd like to make my HDTV into a mirror screen using a tablet. I have chromecast and know how to mirror image off my PC and phone.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
10/10/2017
Android Device Expert: p0llinate, Engineer replied 4 months ago
p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Using your tablet will work basically the same way,

you'll need to go to the "app store" on your tablet and then from there you'll install the chromecast app,

with that app, you'll then be able to mirror from many (but not all) apps to the chromecast.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

What about the full tablet screen like on a phone or Laptop? I'd like t place a button extention on the google home app browser.

Every app is different, some support mirroring, some do not. Most google based apps will, but you'll have to test it on your particular tablet to see for sure. I would expect it to work though.

Can I use apps designed for pones on my tablet. Both my phone and tablet are Samsung Galaxy.

Oh sorry I misunderstood,

in general, yes you can, they will just be stretched to fill the screen if there is not a tablet specific version

I'll try and see will it work. Oh and some say I need a Smart TV.

The chromecast is fine for this purpose if you have that already then you don't need a smart tv

To be clear I want to cast my whole tablet screen I know how to on my pc.

Yes I understand, and you can cast specific screens/apps from the tablet to the chromecast.

If your tab has a mirroring function it should work to the chromecast as well.

How can I tell?

You need to install the chromecast app on the tablet.

Do you remote access tablets?

No it would not be something I could fix remotely. Really though it is a very simple process to go into the app store and install the chromecast app.

I have Vegacast, Google Home, Chrome.

Are you using the google play store?

There are soo many chromecast apps.

If so you want the google home app

I have installed that as well. Only see the apps compatible with the chromecast.

That app should work then, with it installed go into the tablet settings and look for the slider tab for mirroring (or swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap it)

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

p0llinate
p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer