Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I own a samsung android 9", it shut down and is now asking…

Customer Question
I own a samsung android...
I own a samsung android 9" , it shut down and is now asking for a four digit Passover. The passcode consists of one letter and three numerical digits.
What can I do to get back into the machine, I don't care about losing previous data..
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Android Devices
10/9/2017
Android Device Expert: Viet - Android Tech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Viet - Android Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact model of your Samsung android 9" tablet, such as SM-P550, or SM-T560, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Android
There is no way to identify this product...there is nothing external that states amodel

Please try:

1. Turn off the device by holding the Power key and power off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. Keep holding these 3 keys until the Samsung Galaxy tab or Android logo appears, then release, then wait a bit.

- Do you get a menu when trying the above steps?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Powered by Android

Great. Do you get a menu with the option wipe data/factory reset now?

- If needed, when you get the screen with "Samsung Galaxy Tab A Powered by Android", keep holding those 3 keys for about another 10 seconds, then release, then wait a little bit, then it should display a recovery menu.

- At the menu, you can use the Volume Down key to highlight option wipe data/factory reset, then press Power key.

- Then use the Volume Down key to highlight option Yes, then press Power key.

- If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxImdkXEGE

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Android Device Expert: Josh, Technician replied 4 months ago
Josh, Technician

It appears that you requested a new expert for this issue.

Have you tried the factory reset?

No...I want to reset it to new. It is useless this way
  1. Turn off the device.
  3. When the Samsung Galaxy Tab A logo screen displays, release all of the keys, the press and quickly release thePower key
  4. 'Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds, then a 'No command' Android will appear before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
  8. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  9. When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.
The screen went to a light blue color and has an arrow in the middle and underneath says " Downloading"...
Do not turn off target

Allow it to continue downloading for 30 minutes and let me know what happens

Ok
In extremely fine print in the corner of the screen it says it is a T580....I'll let u no in 20 or 30 min

How did it go?

That screen stayed on...its still on...can't get past it

Were you able to perform all of the steps above (1-10)

I pushed all the right buttons...the screen I described last night ...with the Downloading...note stayed on for the entire night...it won't move past that page, nor give any instruction...

How old is the tablet?

6 months

That is great news because it is still under warranty and it can be repaired/replaced by Samsung.

Please call 1-800-SAMSUNG to start the process.

Android Device Expert: Josh, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!

Josh, Technician