Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I just got a Samsung Note 8 and I cannot connect to my

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a Samsung Note 8 and I cannot connect to my cameras, using the QCView HD, when I am not on the Home WiFi. I can connect with my old Samsung Note 4 via WiFi or LTE, using the same app, my LG pad connects via WiFi and sometimes via LTE and some times not, and an iPhone connects either way without trouble. What is different about this Note 8 phone and what has happened recently that prevent the LG from connecting via LTE. In the past I would restart the NVR and the LG would connect over LTE. Now that does not seam to help. My NVR is a QC8012 or QC 8016 I think. Serial number is ***** My carrier is AT&T with unlimited data and the data saver is off on the Note 8 device and on AT&T. The internet is Uverse with a Motorola router. Again it works just fine with the iPhone 5c via WiFi or LTE and on the old Samsung Note 4

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

With the LG pad and the Old note 4 it would stop working over LTE at times for the last 18 months. I started making sure that I logged out of the QCView HD app and it seamed to solve that problem. Before, I was resetting the NVR. With the Note 8 it has been the last 3 weeks since I got the new phone. Note: the LG pad stopped connecting over LTE about a month ago. WiFi is ok from outside the home.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am not sure what work you are referring to.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Android Devices
10/6/2017
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the power to the wifi router and DVR then wait 5 minutes.

Connect the power to the wifi router, then the DVR

Tell me if the note then connects please.

I did what you asked and unfortunately that did not make any difference. I had previously tried to the disconnect the router or the NVR. I never got them both at the same time. This time I did as you asked and disconnected them both for 5 minutes at the same time . Unfortunately none of these actions have corrected the problem. I did check the number on my Q-See NVR the actual number is ***** the Motorola router is nvg589 six and actually says Arris on the front so they may have upgraded it from Motorola to Aris nvg589. So what is next? I really suspect it has something to do with Q see at the other end and not in the home. However I'm willing to give this another try

When you are on wifi, try to connect using the local IP address of the NVR, not the public ip

Does it then connect?

When I use the NVR IP address while on my home WiFi it does connect. However, I was not having any problems connecting on my home WiFi network regardless of which device or how I did this. When I use the NVR IP address from a Wi-Fi network outside of the home all it does not connect. Keep in mind I am able to use my iPhone to connect inside the home and outside the home over WiFi and the LTE network. So now what is the next step?

Whch address do you use away from home?

The local IP address of the NVR, not the public ip

Thats the issue, when you are away fro home you must use the Public IP, the local ip will not work when you are away from home

I use a Q-See app (QCView HD) to connect to the cameras. it gives options to use an IP address of the Serial Number of the NRV.

yes, you have to use the public ip address of the NVR

I use Q-See app and the Serial Number of the NVR to connect to the cameras. It is a Scan N View set up through the app. It works on the iPhone and worked on the old note 4 for any connection I used, home wifi, outside wifi and most importantly LTE. It is not working on the new Note 8 for outside wifi nor LTE. It works on any WiFi with the LG pad and has trouble with the LTE network, at times. The only reason I was using the IP address was per your instruction for trouble shooting the problem. There is a place in the app to use an ip address so I put the local ip in there per your instructions:
("When you are on wifi, try to connect using the local IP address of the NVR, not the public ip Does it then connect?")This is how it has been working, prior to trouble with the new Note 8. The NVR sends the stream to their (Q-See) server and the app connects to the stream by using the Serial Number of the NRV and a password. I can get all devices to connect through home network. I get call all devices to connect through an outside WiFi, except for the Note 8. On LTE the Note 8 does not connect at all and the LG pad connects at times. Restarting the NRV used to solve the LG pad connection for the LTE connection. Lately I have not been able to get the LG pad to connect via LTE, even with restarting the NVR and I have not been able to get the Note 8 to connect at all from outside of the home. I think there is a problem with the app or the Q-See streaming service. It could be that the Note 8 has some security feature that stops it from connecting as well. I notice that it will not connect to some web pagers when on attwifi due to certificate concerns. The Note 8 gives a message about possible hackers mimicking the site and trouble with certificates when I try Google and Amazon. What I need is for the Note 8 to connect via LTE using the Q-See app utilizing the NVR serial number.

ok, but my instructions are not to use the Local Ip

My message was

But you have confused this by using the local IP, you do not, please use the Public IP Address

You introduced the use of an ip address. When setting this up with the app, it is a Scan N View set up through the app. The app has you scan the QR code on the monitor screen and the app inputs the NVR serial number. Lets get away from ip addresses and work with the android app, since I have had no trouble at all on the iPhones. How do we find the solution using that app they way it instructs you to set it up and has worked on all devices prior to the use of the new Note 8.

Ok if you do not wish to use the Public Ip, then I will opt out of working on this any further and allow another expert to take over that will work with you using the local ip or another way you perfect to connect.

You do not need to do anything, you will be notified when an expert takes over

Thank you

OK thank you for your time.
Richard, Android Specialist