Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

My galaxy s7 won't charge. Very new, SInce last night, I…

Customer Question
Hello! My galaxy s7...

Hello! My galaxy s7 won't charge.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Very new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

SInce last night

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I noticed the tip of the charger was bent.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Is the phone still turning on?

Please let me know

Barely! it has zero juice left
I have no phone to call me. I am on vacation and need this phone to work.

ok, the bent charger is likely the culprit

Can you use a different charger and tell me if it charges with this please

I did and it also didn't work.

Ok, when you connected the non bent charger, did you see the charging icon show at least on the phone?

The battery has no more juice. When I plugged the non bent charger, I saw a battery icon appear with a charged sign but it didn't have like the green bubbles that show it is charging. Was showing a battery with a charge sign in the middle.

Ok, connect it to the charger then hold volume and power

Tell me if it then starts please

It did start.

ok, does it looks to be charging now?

Then it shutdown cause I have zero left. I didn't see the charge sign

Are you charging from computer or wall socket?

wall socket
this wall socket has been working the whole trip

Connect it to the computer instead and tell me if then it charges please

Unfortunately my dad brought the wallcharger for his samsung tablet
could the bending of the charger damaged something inside
I really need this phone to work as this is my only phone and i will be travelling soon

Yes this is the only other issue, if you tried multiple chargers, it will have bent the inside of the port and it is loose from the mainboard (you wont feel it)

But this explains the bent charger pin.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to reset.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have the mainboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

how does one get to the recovery window
I am confused because you are saying several things

We tried that before, Volume Up and Power, but this is not the issue else it would have gotten there

And yes the message I sent is not what you received, it looks like you got one from another of my customers, system issue, sorry

I will repeat

It is the internal port on the mainboard that faulted. If you tried multiple chargers, it will have bent the inside of the port and it is loose from the mainboard (you wont feel it)

But this explains the bent charger pin.

you are going to have to return the phone to have the mainboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

how quickly can that be done cause I am traveling saturday

It depends on the reseller and if they have it in stock.

You will lose your data on the phone, this you cannot avoid, but you are best to take it to the place of purchase and see how long it will take as only they can inform you on thie timeframe sorry.

Thanks

You are welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating

Thank you

Why was I charged $31???
I didn't speak on the phone.
Richard, Android Specialist