Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Security error and is now locked down?????? zte maxpro. Z981…

Customer Question
Security error and is...

Security error and is now locked down?????? zte maxpro

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Z981 model / make zte jan 2017

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The says it has been flashed w/unauthorizedsoftware and is locked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Android Devices
10/3/2017
Android Device Expert: Viet - Android Tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Viet - Android Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue only occur when you open the Internet on your phone?

Are you still able to make phone calls?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

What's the name of your internet app on your phone, such as Internet, or Chrome, or Browser, etc.?
It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

No,no,&no puffin

Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your phone for about 15 seconds, then turn it back on , then what does it show?

No

I will help you with written instructions here.

- Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your phone for about 15 seconds, then turn it back on , then what does it show?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

anything u can tell m

OK. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your phone for about 15 seconds, then turn it back on , then what does it show?

Cant turn it on or off
It wont turn off
Security error shows back up

Please press and hold at the same time the two buttons Power and Volume Down for up to 10 seconds until the ZTE logo appears, then release, and check.

K it says android recovery page

select option reboot,

Use Volume Down to select option reboot..., then press Power button.

Damn error came back

I'm sorry; the phone is corrupted. Is it okay to reset the phone fresh, like brand new?

Yeah thought so ,factory reset, thank you!

You're welcome. Please press and hold at the same time the two buttons Power and Volume Down for up to 10 seconds until the ZTE logo appears, then release

, then when you are at the android recovery page, use volume down to select option factory reset/wipe data use volume down to select option Yes, and continue.

Yeah its not taking this time but now we know what to do factory reset or get the hammer

What's not taking? Are you able to get the Android recovery screen again?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Recovery screen came on for about a second
  1. Turn off phone.
  2. press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons until the ZTE logo screen appears, then release.
  3. Press the Volume down button to highlight wipe data/factory reset.
  4. Press the Power button to select.
  5. Press the Volume down button repeatedly until Yes -- delete all user data is highlighted.
  6. Press the Power button to select.
Wipe complete butit saysE: Cannot load volume / ztecfg!

Sorry. Does that prevent you from using the phone?

Back qt android rfovery page, what now?

Can you wipe again?

Same, wiping data...
formatting data
formatting cache...
E: Cannot load volume/ stecfg!
Data wipe comlete.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure about this issue, so let me open it to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you for your patience.

Ok, thank you
Android Device Expert: Rusty Rescue, Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician

Do you still need help with this?

Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician