Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I got an error message "package installer has stopped"

Customer Question
I got an error...

I got an error message "package installer has stopped" during installing apk

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Samsung galaxy s8+

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Force stopped the package installer and reboot but didnt work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Android Devices
10/2/2017
Android Device Expert: Karthik, Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you tell me what is the name of the app that you are trying to install in your phone?

Seagull assistant.. but i also encounter this error on some app recieved from bluetooth and shareit

Thank you for replying. It sounds like you are trying to install Seagull assistant in the phone which is shared via bluetooth and shareit. Some times the app might got crashed while transferring to your phone.

Could you please tell me what it the description of the app? So that I can do a research and check for the app accordingly, It will be very easy for provide you the direct link.

Notes: Description is a spoken or written of a application use.

• For example- Seagull assistant is for Piano Assistant or Seagull assistant is used for Marine related
Also some app installed already in my cp when I open this message also appearing "Package installer has stopped"

Finally I found the direct link for the Seagull assistant application for your phone. Please click link given below.

https://s12h.storage.yandex.net/rdisk/e186091d1aded0eedf6f279e7729629c5b48a61080807b93c9093eec4aec0af9/59d31f54/Fi0ZVybmIGHo_8-ykeVZ5y2hAlCpYfwXirxzOnpYiY201reJ1h9PFYmpZadkeWdO3sRwbt1IZfP0zOoaB5ENkg==?uid=0&filename=ces_crib.apk&disposition=attachment&hash=7uicm4xBOjAYk9Xk%2BQy/2gxjED5INzi5uAOtG5mNdLs%3D&limit=0&content_type=application%2Fvnd.android.package-archive&fsize=17658570&hid=494e3c6607b9cc52ff13e5fc24858637&media_type=unknown&tknv=v2&rtoken=dm73Hfz1uEAu&force_default=no&ycrid=na-0f6d92f24cb4ac505dd6a5ef45b824ed-downloader8f&ts=55a9db8c77d00&s=3396221f9fc7eb8c55dcc602feed95aa12fd15cb9d463707240c19220755770b&pb=U2FsdGVkX1-DoEC2xKt6ewzbmiofYgE4EhqdvCvwfnk8oiEL1e01GK8gzUZXYZuJcOFE4QA1Y2X0M4Hc1hDhq0W69o84AQkTGv45PmDIW2E=

If it’s your first time installing an App through this link, you’re greeted with, "Install blocked For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Play Store" message as you try to install. But how do we get there?

To allow app installs from unknown website, follow this steps:

1. Navigate to Setting > Security.
  2. Check the option "Unknown sources".
  3. Tap OK on the prompt message.
  4. Select "Trust".

That’s all, now you can try again to install the Application.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer