Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

My grandma bought me the 7 inch rca voyager111 tablet for my…

Customer Question
My grandma bought me...

My grandma bought me the 7 inch rca voyager111 tablet for my birthday I August but she passed away last month and I want able to get the code off the receipt to use it and I'm needing help bypassing it cause without the receipt and box Wal-Mart won't help me.. and it's the last thing my grandmother got me before passing and is really love to use it

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Make is RCA MODEL IS RCT6973W43 IT'S 1.5 MONTHS OLD

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've tired factory reset, data cache wipe, and rebooting it but out still asking me for the code off the receipt of purchase

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No, basically it was a birthday gift from my 97 year old great grandmother, she live 3 states away and got it for me but didn't give me the receipt because we didn't know it had an access code on the receipt and before I was able to ask her to look on the receipt and give me the code she was already passed away and now that she is not here anymore this tablet is sentimental to me and I need to access it please please help me it's all I have left of my grandmother... ūüėĘ

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Android Devices
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Can call(###) ###-####try to hurry please it is my neighbors phone thanks
9/30/2017
Android Device Expert: ITPeter, Engineer replied 7 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Do you have any proof of purchase that you can take to Wal-Mart and request a copy of the receipt?

No because my grandmother bought it for me for my birthday so I can use it for school and she kept the receipt and box because of how my cousins would lie and returned what she buy them to the store so for her piece of mind I let her hold onto the receipt and box.. well at age 97 she had passed away about 4 days after she gave it to me for my birthday so all I have IS the tablet and charger I don't have the receipt and box.. I looked for it when the family was boxing her belongings and I can't find it.. Can you please help me it's all I have left of my grandmother and I need to access it for college courses

Who is looking after her estate?

Do they have any bank statements that will show the purchase?

My aunt and no we've been through all of our options.. only options I have left is if you can help me!! I really appreciate whatever you can do to help me be able to use my tablet because I need it for college courses asap please and thank you..

If you know the purchase date then Wal-Mart should be able to give you a copy of the receipt.

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer