Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

No good turn goes unpunished so they say.... I am a taxi…

No good turn goes unpunished...
No good turn goes unpunished so they say.... I am a taxi driver who recently took a person home who had just got out of hospital. He'd lost his cell phone in a car crash so I let him use my Samsung S5 phone to contact friends and family. It seems as if he managed to put his Facebook account onto my phone so that now I receive all of his "messages" etc as well as my own. Please can you tell me how to remove his account from my phone so that I only receive my own messages?
Hopefully I don't have to totally reset my phone !!
9/25/2017
Richard, Android Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Open up Messenger (it is the app called messenger with the lightening bolt in the blue speech bubble)

Then press on the photo in the top right

Swipe down and choose Switch Account

You can then sign in with your account and remove theirs there.

Let me know how you go please.

Okay that seemed to work, but is his account still attached to my phone ?

No, accounts do not get attached to phones as such, it is just when you sign in that you then get the messages.

Now that you have signed out it stops any link

Richard, Android Specialist
Thank you...
Richard, Android Specialist