Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

My tablet will not boot. It gets to the Cyanogen emblem and…

Customer Question
My tablet will not...

My tablet will not boot. It gets to the Cyanogen emblem and stays there. I thought that maybe it was updating but I let it go all night long and it was still trying this morning.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is model x43z60. and I've had it for a few years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried to hard reboot it by holding down the power and volume button to turn it off and then restart it and it keeps doing the same thing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need it to start. That is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Android Devices
9/25/2017
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the tablet and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the tablet.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I've done this several times and it still just tries to boot and the circle goes round and round. It did it all night long.

Ok, can you power it off, then hold Volume UP and power at the same time until you get to a menu.

Tell me if you can get to this please.

It flashes Kindle Fire on the screen twice then turns back off.
If I release them when the first Kindle fire comes up it goes back to the cyongen emblem

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Android Specialist