Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

My Samsung j-1 won't charge, I have it plugged into a

Customer Question
My Samsung j-1 won't...

My Samsung j-1 won't charge, I have it plugged into a Samsung adapter. power is at 25%.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

1 year old May 2016, bought it from you in Menifee. not dine this before. adapter is newer too

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

All day today. I plugged it into another Samsung adapter and tried different wall sockets as well as my computer. Can I take it to store tomorrow and will I lose any data since it will run out soon.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything. sorry Im" a bit handicapped , a senior

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Android Devices
9/24/2017
Android Device Expert: Michael Hannigan, Developer replied 8 months ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

The situation for your phone is hopeful. It is common for these batteries to fail after being used for some time. In fact, it's a common characteristic of rechargeable batteries in general. All you will need is a replacement battery which is only about $6. Here is a link to one:

http://www.batterymonster.com/category/findercategorylist.aspx?category_id=37401&search_term=Samsung+SM-G730VMBAVZW+%5ecell_phone_replacement_battery%5e&filter_category_id=37401&cid=137794&chid=4272&gclid=CjwKCAjwjJjOBRBVEiwAfvnvBGhIUkuuISGLEHKVSdEVAdd3fB4d6Lc85OACDXBSzBOp7lfWEG42nBoClIgQAvD_BwE

As long as you get that battery, though, it doesn't matter where you buy it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Please remember to click the 5 star rating and submit before leaving. Thank you!

Sorry... about $9 for the single battery.

Have I answered your question or do you need additional information?

Please remember to click the 5 star rating and submit. It's very important. Thank you.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer