Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Pearl. I've got a galaxy s6 that I pulled a factory reset…

Customer Question
Hi, Pearl. I've...

Hi, Pearl. I've got a galaxy s6 that I pulled a factory reset (vol up, home, power) due to a malicious app causing problems. I don't know that I have a samsung email account or password, though, which is what it asks for.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Samsung s6 galaxy, it was somewhat new when we bought it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was acting buggy for a couple days, and then I did the hard re-set, and can't access the email account or password (if I set them up, I can't remember them)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Android Devices
9/23/2017
Android Device Expert: Karthik, Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you answering your question.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem, Can I have the Gmail address please? So that I go ahead and Check what are the possibilities available for resetting the password.

Thank you for providing this information, I am on the process of doing a reset on the email. When I tried to do a reset on the account it asked for the Security question for verification purposes and first question is, Could you tell me what is the City of birth?

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer