Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Phone will not connect to the internet. Year and half. 1

Phone will not connect to...
Phone will not connect to the internet
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Year and half
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 1 week
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Wi-Fi is available, says in the Wi-Fi setting, ttys to connectn but can't
9/22/2017
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

LG VS880

That is the brand and model of a phone. You are having problems connecting that phone to your wireless modem or router. I am asking you to tell me the brand and model name of the wireless modem or router.

Hughes HT2000W

On a computer that is connected to the router, perform the steps below:
- Click the following link: http://192.168.0.1
Username: admin
Password: admin
- Click the Wireless settings link

Your network name and password ***** listed on that page.

Using the network name and password ***** you obtained from the instructions above, reconnect to the wireless signal.

If you wish, I can remotely connect to a computer on your network and do this for you.

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with --For ***** ***** Only!--

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com

Problem is with phone not computer

I never said it was a problem with the computer.

The problem is that you need to get the wireless password ***** the modem. The COMPUTER is connected to the network and the modem. So, from the computer, you can access the network and locate the password. I have done this scores of thousands of times.

Thank you.

Follow my instructions and you will get your password.

I know my password ***** modem

You know the password ***** your wireless signal? Is that the password ***** you are entering on the phone? What are you told when you enter that password ***** the phone?

I know password ***** modem. After enterred at my phones Wi-Fi settings page, says saved, authenticate, and back to saved. Will not connect.

That means that you are entering the wrong password. Can you connect another device to the signal using that password ***** now?

My tablet connects with no problem on same modem and password

When did you enter the password ***** the tablet? Did you just do that right now when I asked you to? I am asking you to verify that you are using the current wireless password.

No sir two days ago at the same time with phone. Dish installed new modem. Phone problem started a week ago

Thank you for the update. So you entered that same password ***** the tablet two days ago and it worked?

On the phone, long press the network in the list of networks where it is saved and choose "Connect". What happens when you do that?

Ttys to connect and goes back to saved Will not connect

The phone may not be compatible with the modem. Which level of encryption are you using on the modem? (WEP, WPA, WPA2 (AES/PSK), etc)

Wpa2
Phone does not recognize up address, but does my MAC address

May I ask what your last statement means? I know what an IP address is and a MAC address is. What are you saying?

Was wondering why ip address was not recognized

"What" is telling you that the "IP Address is not recognized"?

Jason Jones, Customer Service
In the advanced tab under Wi-Fi settings

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 91 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

I am at screen connect page. Ask for screen conect url ?

The code is 91

Enter and was sent to Google play store. Downloaded screen connect app. App asked for url and if I am guest or host

Oh sorry for the confusion. I thought that I explained that earlier. I am sorry.

You must run the remote application on a computer.

Jason Jones, Customer Service