Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have a ZTE Majesty Pro. It reset itself and now is asking…

Customer Question
I have a ZTE...

I have a ZTE Majesty Pro. It reset itself and now is asking for google account information that does not exist... To be clear, I do not have a google account and never entered such into this phone

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

2 months

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

5 days. I cannot do any trouble shooting. It will not allow me to do anything. I'm completely locked out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Its a straight talk phone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Android Devices
9/21/2017
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hi, This is Aparna i would be happy to help you on this.

Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Could you please let me know if you are getting any error message on the screen of your phone or it is just a black screen.

Waking up phone please hold
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Sure, let me know once it is done

The phone reset itself in my pocket. When I power on the phone it says...
Attention
The SIM card has already been activated. Your phone number is... and it lists my phone number
I tap okay and then it says
Z799VL Welcome
English
Emergency call *at bottom of screen
I tap the arrow and it asks me to select a wifi network
I select my home network and it connects... *it's connecting now
It then asks for my password ***** I enter it
Then it says
updating software
The next screen asks me to
"Verify your account"
THIS is when the problem starts because I never synced any google account
So when I put in my gmail and info it says
"No account found"
"there is no google account with the information you provided" and it asks
"Try Again"
This is as far as I can get. I changed the password ***** my google account and updated it all but still the new address and password ***** not be recognized by my phone
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand your concern just let me know if someone else was using your phone and updated his google account.

No one has had any access to my phone. Please use the information I have given you to come up with a solution. But I beg you please no more pointless questions. If you don't know what to do then please just say so.
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I am sorry for this i understand your frustration.

We can try to bypass the Google account verification and can try to follow these steps mentioned in the link.

Please try to follow the link:

https://techwelkin.com/device-reset-sign-in-google-account-previously-synced or also you can use this video link to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRmwzpnHM00

Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Please let me know if that helps.

Let's see just how much you are paying attention. There is no "more" option
Android Device Expert: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I will try to Fix it as soon as possible we can try to hard reset the phone please follow the below steps:

1. Turn the ZTE Majesty off

2. Press and hold Vol Up + Power Button Until it powers on/ displays the Recovery Menu

3. Scroll down using the Vol Down key and select 'Wipe data/ factory reset' and confirm the selection using the power button.

4. Scroll down again and select 'Yes' and again confirm the selection with the power button

5. Scroll, highlight and select 'Reboot now' as soon as Data wipe is complete

Let me know if this helps you.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer