Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I'm having a difficult time synching my kindles. I have a

i'm having a difficult time...
i'm having a difficult time synching my kindles. I have a Kindle Fire, a Paperwhite (newest) and the kindle app on my iphone. The fire and my iphone are synched. I can't get the paperwhite synched. I've spent hours looking at the online advice and been unsuccessful.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Fire is oldest. Paperwhite was given to me by a friend who didn't like it and I'd guess 3 years ago.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the third time I've tried to synch it. Just the online directions for synching your items.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
9/20/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are all Kindles on the same Amazon account?

At least I think so. How can i check what account the paperwhite is on since it was a gift from someone else

On the Paperwhite:

From Home screen, tap on the Menu icon (3 lines) then tap Settings then Registration

Ok. yes it says i'm the device owner.

Does it show your email address listed?

That's all it says is Sandra Howe device owner

Tap on Deregister

i don't see deregister

Under Registration, you will see a Deregister your Kindle dialog box then Deregister

Done

Now, tap on Register

I tried registering but it didn't recognize my account

What is the error message that you see?

The login ID and password ***** entered do not match any Amazon accounts on record..

It is likely that your password ***** *****

Let's reset the password..

What is the email address on file?

I have sent an email to:***@******.***

What is the code in the email?

I don't have an email yet with the code. When i get it I will send

Okay, it should arrive soon from Amazon.

I never received the code

I am sorry to hear that.

In this case, please call 1-***-***-**** and they can reset it over the phone for you instead of waiting again.

Josh, Technician
Josh, Technician