Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B,
Experience:  ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line at Peopleware
72451768

Recently my HTC M8 received an anonymous text message with

So recently my HTC M8 received an anonymous text message with no details of the sender (no phone number),
since then some of the applications i use such as facebook at times show that i have been logged in from an unknown device, but the IP address is still the same.
Secondly applications such as LinkedIn, and google show an IP address of a data center provider in another city. Could you please let me know what is happening here? Thanks.

Hello and welcome.

My name is***** will be assisting you today.

So to clarify from within your Gmail account, security you do see the IP adress of the unknown source?

Are you able to remove it from there?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi so the thing is the IP address was that of a company which has a datacenter in Amsterdam called (Digital Ocean in.) and when i checked that IP it was not blacklisted either. However whats peculiar is that i never logged in to my gmail, but simply google browser and i was informed about the change in the IP. This was still fine, but when my facebook started to show an unrecognized device when actually i was using my phone to go online, got me worried a bit. If i am ever logged in with my phone facebook shows that i have logged in with HTC M8, but sometimes the unrecognized device pops up.

I understand.

From within your Gmail account, you can unauthorise that device (or IP)

Are you able to do this?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi, yes I am able to unauthorise that device from all of my accounts, facebook, gmail, and linkedin.

I understand.

You already unautorised that device and it still comes back as being used, correct?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Yes that is correct. And i believe it is because my phone itself is hacked and being used to login each time i login.
Best regards,
Basava

I understand, I see you are from the Netherlands, I am from the Netherlands too.

We can go on in dutch if you want.

Have you tried resetting your HTC, so you have a fresh start and the malware is removed.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Actually i speak English only, I just study here in the Nethelands. Yes I tried resetting my phone multiple times, but it still doesnt work. and another thing is i never installed find my device on my phone but somehow i see it in my device administrator settings.

I understand.

Have you changed your FB, Linkedin and gmail account password?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Yes I have done that multiple times but it doesnt really help, i still see unrecognized device logins anyway.
Best regards,
Basava

I understand.

On which version of Android is your HTC?

Have you maybe authorised another account for example for your Google account?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I think it is the KitKat version on the HTC M8 but i am not sure. Yes previously when my google account was hacked, another device had permissions to it. But i removed access to that device already. But i ll check now once again.Best regards,
Basava

I understand.

I do see there is a newer version of your Android, have you tried updating the HTC?

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi yes the current version on my phone for android is version 6, kernel version

This is the latest version of Android for your HTC.

Did you see the authorised account still in your Google account?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi ,
No i dont see the device authorised in my google account. So how is still possible that i am being hacked?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
i found another device attached to mine, a samsung G-900F, while my phone was located by my google account, this one cant be traced. And i cant enable lock and erase on this phone at all. I have attached a screenshot of it here.

you have also checked your Facebook and linked in?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I understand.

From within your Google account you can remove this device.

Please let me know how this goes.

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Was the samsung G-900F a old phone from you?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No the thing is I have never used that phone. I have decided to delete my google account and make a new one. I hope that should do the trick right? Thanks.Best regards
Basava
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
but the funny thing is i dont see the G-900 F in my recent device activity on google at all.

I understand.

Have ever logged in on that phone with your Google account?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,

Jeffrey