Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How do I get my contacts from my Galaxy s7, that were saved

to the phone instead of...
How do I get my contacts from my Galaxy s7, that were saved to the phone instead of Google profile, to my new LG phone and make sure everything is merged into the Google profile so I don't have this issue again? Thanks
9/18/2017
Ashik, Android Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your S7, open Contacts apps. In Contacts app, tap the 3 dots at top right and tap Settings. Tap Import/Export Contacts and export it. This will give you a VCF file saved in the storage.

Copy it to your LG phone (you can email that file yourself or copy using computer) and you can import using simliar method (the menu might be a little different on LG, but the Import/Export is same and on LG, choose Import and choose this VCF file)

Or you can import that file directly to your Google account and then add the Google account to LG and then the contacts will be synced. To add the VCF file to google account, go to this website on your computer --> https://contacts.google.com/

Tap More in left side, tap Import and choose the VCF file. This will import them to Google account.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks. how do I make sure contacts are only saved to my one google account so I don't have to do this again? (and I have multiple google accounts on the new phone)

Export the file to CSV. Then import it to Google account using your computer (so you know to what account you signed in) as per the above instructions.

Sorry, Export the contacts to VCF. Then import it to Google account using your computer (so you know to what account you signed in) as per the above instructions.

Export the contacts to VCF using above steps. Then import it to any one Google account using your computer as per the above instructions.

Ashik, Android Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What I mean is - is there a setting on my new phone so that all new contacts will automatically be saved to google account and not to sd card, internal memory, etc...

Sorry for the delay. If you enable Google sync on the Contacts, then all the contacts will go to Google account instead of phone.

Ashik, Android Tech