Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I have an Amazon Kindle Fire that decided to die a few hours

Customer Question

Hi. I have an Amazon Kindle Fire that decided to die a few hours ago. It was working and then not. Repeated attempts to hit on/off and re-charge are not working. It is 4+ years old. Its owner (me) is very technically challenged.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's 4+ years old - April 2013, I think. I don't know the make model. There are some numbers on the bottom if that's helpful.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About two hours. I have tried on/off button and re-charging. No dic.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I meant dice
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my confidence level in this service is very low. I absolutely DO NOT authorize any charge over $5.00 before I hear from someone.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,