Louie, Technician
Experience:  Hardware technician; board and component level.
13948492

I have a kindle and when ordering books on it from Amazon I

Customer Question

I have a kindle and when ordering books on it from Amazon I get told it is no longer compatible with their download. I would like to know why and since it is registered why can't I still download books on it.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I cannot read the model number as they are too small but it is about 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been happening for several months and I have two books that should be downloaded but it does not let me on my kindle and says it is not compatible when it has always been successful in the past.
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just why isn't it downloading.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Initially, consider / try performing a software update of the Kindle manually with the use of a computer.

Please click HERE.

Scroll down to "Transfer & Install the Latest Software Update Manually". Play the video tutorial.
Scroll a bit further down. Select your Kindle's model/version and then click on the "...Kindle...Software Updates..." for your model/version.
A new page would open with instructions on how to manually download and install the latest software update available for your Kindle.
Thereafter, it may require several re-booting/restarting.