JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer
Experience:  Broadcast Engineer for over 7 years.
53814968

I recently purchased a replacement kindle reader and cannot

Customer Question

I recently purchased a replacement kindle reader and cannot remember the log in I used before. is there a way to recover that log in and password ***** I do not lose everything I already downloaded?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: the original was a KIndle touch Model no. D01200.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I cracked the screen on the original and recently bought a replacement. I am trying to register the new one and recover my library, and I cannot remember the login ID or password.
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. thank should be it. I think if I can recover the id and password ***** should be fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JA Engineer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and good night.

You can still successfully register your new Kindle. In order to reset your password, do the following:

1. Go to Forgot Your Password.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  3. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.

Note: If you created your account with a mobile phone number, you'll receive an SMS message with instructions instead of an e-mail.

After you've created a new password, it will become active right away. Your new password ***** be applicable for all Amazon related accounts.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.
Please remember to select 3,4, or 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be compensated for assisting you.
Have a good evening.

In case the "Forgot Your Password" link does not work, please click here.

Hello and good night.

I am just checking up on you to see if you were able to register your new Kindle based on the instructions that I provided.

If my answer was satisfactory, please remember to give my response a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 stars and click Submit).

I hope the rest of your night will be restful and that tomorrow will be just as great!