Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I was given a tablet as a gift from my daughter from

Customer Question
I was given a...

I was given a tablet as a gift from my daughter from Walmart.. I believe it was refurbished. when it comes up, the dots for a password ***** up, and I can"t get on.. how do I pass this to get on and set my own password.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I got it maybe 4 years ago. put it away till now. its E 4GB. model number BOOAAZ2DIM

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I had it plugged in all night into now, so 24 or more hours. I only tried to get into it by the security , it won"t let me in for anything else. so its the 9 dots.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Android Devices
9/12/2017
Android Device Expert: Dan T., Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Tech

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan.

How many times have you tried entering the password? Do you know if you have anything valuable saved on the tablet that you might need?

I received the tablet with the screen that has 9 dots on it to open the tablet. I didn't know how to open it since I don't have the order of the combination of the dots. I want to know how to get pass them to get in. Ive had it a while, up in my closet, out of sight, out of mind. now i'm trying to get it to work, for my granddaughter to use. There is NO info on it since I can't get on it.

Thanks for the additional info! I think we can set this right by performing a factory reset on the device. These steps should do it:

1. Make sure it's powered off, and the battery is fully charged.

2. Press and hold the VOL + button and the POWER button simultaneously, until you see the splash screen.

3. Release both buttons.

4. A new screen will appear asking you to use your VOL +/- buttons to move and the POWER button to select.

5. Use the VOL - button to highlight "wipe data/factory reset." Once highlighted, select using the POWER button.

6. A new screen will appear asking you to confirm your selection. Use your VOL - button to highlight "Yes -- delete all user data" then press the POWER button to select.

7. Once the tablet is finished wiping data, you may press the power button to select "reboot system now." This will restart your tablet.

Try that, and let me know how it goes! Oh, and please remember to rate the service I've provided. I hope it has been excellent!

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Tech