Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Samsung bright side phone. how can you set a password to

Customer Question

samsung bright side phone. how can you set a password ***** lock and unlock phone so kids cant use it?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Samsung? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Samsung Bright Side (u38?)
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: it is brand new Samsung bright side u380
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how can my daughter inn law set a password ***** lock and unlock her phone so that the children cannot use it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  John Lohr replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You just need to set a passcode that needs to be entered to use the phone, correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not only to start the phone. but to have a password ***** unlock the phone when it is on to be able to use the phone
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you have an answer for me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HOW DO YOU SET APASSWORD ***** LOCK AND UNLOCK PHONE USE FOR SAMSUNG BRIGHT SIDE U380?
Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 month ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Touch on Settings (the gear icon) then Phone Settings and then Security. Enter the lock code when prompted. The default lock code is the last four digits of your telephone number. Now you can set a passkey to lock/unlock your phone.

Touch Edit Codes to select a lock code: • Phone Only: For unlocking the handset only. • Calls & Services: For access to Calls & Services Security.

Enter the new lock code at the “Enter New Code” prompt

Enter the new lock code again at the “Re-Enter New Code” prompt.

Regards
Jins

Expert:  Robert M replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need help with this question?

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem if you still need assistance.