Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I am trying to figure out how to transfer photos from my

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out how to transfer photos from my Samsung Galaxy J3 Eclipse to my computer. I used to do this with my old phone by connecting the phone via a USB to my computer but that doesn't seem to work with this new phone.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I just bought it from the Verizon store.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just tried to do this transfer from this phone for the first time. I don't even know how to troubleshoot and can't seem to get the user manual.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of - just want to be able to transfer photos from my phone to my computer as I always used to be able to do easily!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

What happens when you log in your phone and connect it to the computer? Does the computer show anything?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have windows 7 and it appears the only way to get from my phone to computer is through email since it won't work with the USB like my old phone to my computer. So short answer is I never get connected to my computer so it doesn't show anything. Nothing comes up on computer like Windows Live Photo Gallery option.

After logging in the phone and connecting it to the computer, swipe down from the top of the phone's screen, then do you see the USB option? If yes, allow it to transfer data.

- Then on the computer, click on Start, then click on Computer, then do you see your phone device there?

- Are you using the original USB cable that came with the phone?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't see an USB option there - what would the symbol look like - in fact, the symbols shown are identified as homenet, sound, Bluetooth, auto rotate, flashlight, airplane mode, mobile hotspot, power saving, mobile data, location, smart view, secure folder- don't see anything identified as USB
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Using USB that came with phone

Swiped down from the top of the phone's screen, then swipe down more and check.

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,