Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I cannot register my kindlefire. will not accept my

Customer Question

i cannot register my kindlefire. will not accept my amazon.ca password.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: i have had it for three months. keep trying to register. no luck so far
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have been trying to register for three months,
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is your Kindle Fire connected to internet as well as to WiFi? try using the Silk browser to look at web pages for a while, to make sure internet is still there.

As for your password ***** what error message do you get when you enter it? and, are you entering the email address / username for your Amazon.ca account? or some other username?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Russell: fyi I am using my second kindle, plus i have kindle app on my ipad.i have an account with Amazon.ca that has been active for 8 years. the error message is this --cannot recognize your account and password. so i use my amazon account to buy more books . i buy a minimum of three books per week. my kindle presently has 350 books . my library has 2000 books on paper. I bought the fire from amazon. it is a complete bust, a waste of $200.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
russelli am not interested in internet on my kindle. I have 5 computers in my house, plus an iphone and ipad. I hate the iphone. an over promoted undervalued piece of junk designed to impress 12 year old children with the bells and whistles.lots of bling. mediocre performance. much like the US Navy.

Thank you for explaining the situation...

Now, does your Amazon.ca account give that error message on the Kindle app used on the iPhone also?

If so, I advise you to contact Amazon.ca, and see whether your account exists, is in good order generally, and if needed, to reset its password. Amazon.ca may be called at

1-***-***-****

to check on your account's status. Be sure to be prepared for being asked to identify yourself and prove your identity, which might be slightly tiresome. But, Amazon's Customer Service is of renowned quality, and I'm sure they will be able to clear up what is wrong with your account, and reset your password ***** needed, to a value you can use.

Let me know, if you have further problems, after doing that... or try to let me know, if this advice proves vital to getting the situation resolved.

You may return to this conversation any time at

http://www.justanswer.com/android-devices/anwvk-cannot-register-kindlefire-will-not-accept.html

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
amazon.ca gives me no answer no help. but I bought four books yesterday on my account. i am afraid the kindle fire is about to go to the round file. I have wasted enough time and energy onthis piece of electric junk.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the kindle app is on my ipad. it works just fine. my kindle works just fine.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
russell. my billing rate is @$250 per hour plus travel and expenses. I have no further free time for this issue. good bye russell.

Your billing rate is that high? If you have concerns about billing, contact Customer Support at JustAnswer - they may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
russell: my billing rate is little more than a third rate lawyer. but I have more knowlege than a third rate lawyer. my services have provided well gor me. as I approach retirement. without a kindle fire. . bye.

Good luck with it - if it is defective, you might want to see about returning it to the vendor or store. Good bye, and thank you for asking your question here.