Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Bought an Acer tablet from TSC about 3years ago. Bought a…

Customer Question
Bought an Acer tablet...

Bought an Acer tablet from TSC about 3years ago. Bought a "fixmestick" also from TSC received it 1 week ago. Have not used it yet because I don't know if I bought the right one. I got the silver one for mac or p.c. should I have purchased the coloured one instead? Ruth Barton.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a 10" Acer tablet. I purchased about 3 years ago

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

,It's been so slow for about 6 months. I have MacAfee security and I use the cleaner app and booster one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Other than I'm 73 and only use it for e-mails from my family and watch the shopping channel, I don't think so.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Android Devices
9/7/2017
Android Device Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The Fix Me Stick is a virus removal utility on a USB device, essentially.

I think that the silver one that you bought, will do fine. It's right for your Acer tablet, provided your Acer tablet is not an Android OS device (which you can tell, by seeing a cartoon or stick-figure of a 'Robot' usually in green, on your screen shortly after turning On the device.

If it is a Windows tablet, however, you are good to go, and your Fix Me Stick will work with it for sure.

However, if it is an Acer Iconia One, then those are Android tablets, and they will not be able to be used usefully with a Fix Me Stick, which is for a Windows or an Apple or Mac computer or tablet, rather than an Android OS based tablet.

May I advise you further. on this matter? let me know.

To sum up: some sales sites say the Silver stick is for Mac, the colored ones are for Windows PC, and neither of those, colored nor silver, will work nor be of any use with a Android tablet, I'm sorry to say.

Let me know whether you need further advice, by Reply To Expert, and I will continue to help you.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer