Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Some Samsung Galaxy Note 8 promo's cite a choice of 64, 128…

Customer Question
Some Samsung Galaxy Note...

Some Samsung Galaxy Note 8 promo's cite a choice of 64, 128 or 256 gigs of internal storage. All US carries I've looked at for pre-order only offer the 64 gig version. Is there any possibility the larger internal storage will be launched in by a US carrier in the future, or is it possible to buy a 256 internal device outside the US and sign up for service here. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I've only had Galaxy Notes until the 7 failed. Now I am upgrading to a Note 8 from and S7, but want maximum (256 gig) storage, which I haven't found available from verizon or other US carrier

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No trouble yet other than not enough storage in the soon-to-be released Samsung galaxy note 8. I would like 256 gigs but can only find 64 gigs internal storage from US carriers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

If the Note 8 is available with 256 gigs of internal stroage outside the US, can we purchase it and activate with verizon or other US carrier?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Android Devices
9/7/2017
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Hi there and welcome

There is no information on when they will launch the phones with larger internal memory, they will of course, but the date is not clear.

What you can do though is but the phone from anywhere else as long as it is unlocked this is critical, when you purchase the phone it must be unlocked.

Then it will work with any GSM carrier, eg: AT&T, T-Mobile ect

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Android Specialist