Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

I cannot remember the password for my Asus Transformer 101

Customer Question

I cannot remember the password ***** my Asus Transformer 101 tablet that I've owned since 2010. How can I get it back. I don't care if I loose any data or photos etc...
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Asus ; MODEL TF 101. I purchased it fall of 2010.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't used it in over a year so I can't remember my password. My husband had it but he can't remember it either. I tried holding the volumn+ button and the power button to reset the factory settings but it would not power on
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks; I just want to re-set this old tablet to factory settings so I can re-set a password.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 month ago.

Follow these steps please.
Begin by switching off the device by holding dwon the Power key for a short while.
In the next step press and hold Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for a few seconds.
Afterwards press the Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power key to confirm.Wipe data ASUS TF101 eee Pad Transformer
Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power key to select.

To restart the tablet, select "reboot system now".