Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Oh Pearl. I have a Samsung Tablet CE0168, and it appears to

Customer Question

Oh Hi, Pearl. I have a Samsung Tablet CE0168, and it appears to be completely dead. Recharging will not work.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Is CE0168 a model number?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I think it has been unused for some time. Possibly 3 months.
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried Power +Volume UP for 30 secs; connect charger, still holding both buttons down for another 30 secs; Then release Power button
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

I recommend that you try another charging cable and another charger. If you do not have one, you can purchase one at any office supply store. This may or may not solve the problem, but it si a necessary troubleshooting step to isolate the failure to either the charger or the battery.

There is something else that you can do, which might fix the problem. Lithium ion batteries do not like a deep discharge. It creates an electronic barrier which prevents the battery from accepting a full strength charging current. If the battery hasn't worn our, it may take a trickle charge, which can be applied for a few hours by connecting your new cable to a usb charging port on your computer. A usb charging port is any usb port that works with a flash drive or thumb drive. After the battery begins to charge, it can be moved to a charger connection.

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.