Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I acidently chatted to somone on grindr that im trying to

Hi i acidently chatted to...
Hi i acidently chatted to somone on grindr that im trying to avoid this was after uninstalling and deleting would he still be able to see my pics?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Its a new Samsung J5 prime
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It was in the span of a day and i have not asked anyone else just read that theres a possibility that grindr might keep the chat if you use the unblock all function my app has been deleted for about 4 days now
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i can think of right now
8/17/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Did you delete your account or just the app?

Hey i deleted both later but i did log in and create a new profile
I logged in and unblocked all before creating a new profile and uninstalling the app

If you deleted the account then the other person can't see your pictures.

But what is a major concern for me is that i unblocked and grindr has a function that says they now save chats on both sides

The chat is not deleted if you delete your account.

Im a bit confused Josh do you think you could run me through how Grindr works in terms of deleting the account and uninstalling the app. Currently my app is uninstalled and i cant log into the old account as you can only log in three times before you need to create a new account if you say he cant see the pics can he still see the txt?

Yes, he can still see your messages.

He cannot see the profile picture anymore but the conversation is still there.

Even after i uninstalled my app?
deleted my account and all data?

Yes, you can't remove the conversation even if you delete your account.

if i blocked him before deleting but unblocked all when I logged in again?
Grindr does say delete all data before you delete your account so that only means on my side

Yes, that means only on your side.

Josh im just really in a predicament here cause this guy said some scary ass stuff and he has info in text can i contact grindr to delete it?

No, you can't delete the conversation.

Hang on if the chat was blank as our chat commenced he would he have previous msg if i never blocked him

I am not sure what you mean -- If there is a chat then he would have that chat available.

We chatted twice first he had a fake pic the second time we chatted his profile was blank the chat also started clean does that mean that he might no longer have info from the first time we chatted?

Yes, that is possible.

Did you delete the chat after the fake picture?

I didn't but now it seems he may have to make his profile seem blank.

He will have access to your chat unless he deleted it previously but there is no way of knowing that information.

Okay cool man thanks for your help i really hope he did delete it on his side then i wont care

I understand and I hope so too (for your sake!)

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Does grindr automatically delete all data after a certain period?

Unfortunately, that information is not available to the public.

Josh, Technician
Okay cool would have just helped me to know Thankyou
Josh, Technician