Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I had a samsung tab4. i bought an Asus S1 hand held

Customer Question

i had a samsung tab4. i bought an Asus S1 hand held projector and a samsung dongle 884f10 so i could project media from tablet to screen (wirelessly or bluetooth) it worked great. the tab 4 went south. stopped working. i bought a tab e to replace it. i have tried connecting the dongle and the projector the same way, the tablet "says" its connected, but the image of the tablet does not show on the screen. help
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the tab e is less than a year old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i am looking right now at my tab e wi-fi direct settings screen. it says [dongle]884F10 "tap here to disconnect", which tells me its connected. the dongle is connected to the projector. the blue light on the dongle is on, which tells me the dongle is receiving the signal. but the image projected from the projector....is not showing the tablet image. it continues to show the instructions for connecting the dongle. i dont know what to do to trouble shoot. hooked the dongle to my monitor. shows the image of the dongle. connected the dongle to my samsung smart tv. it works.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much will this cost?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: well, i can only afford so much but if we can fix the problem
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when do y ou think i will hear from you?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I apologize that you had to wait a while.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to get to work fight now. I will be available at 6 pst tuesday.
Please verify that this time works for you.
I think my tab e doesnt allow screen mirroring. I am going to verify this with tmobile before i spend any money for tech help.
Thank you
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Please reply back when you are free later today -- If I am not available then another expert can review the question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok...i have been to samsung, tmobile...bestbuy.
Chatted with samsung tech online. Noone could tell me why tab e doesnt have screen mirror or quick connect. My son says tmobile turned the feature off.
But i was able to use smart switch..put apps back on old tab4 and use it to screen mirror.
So...i got something working.
I am curious to know if you guys can find the real, true answer...but not 20.00 curious.
Thank you
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

You mentioned that it was under a year old which means it is covered under warranty still -- Have you tried to receive a replacement?